Sunday, August 28

Mango Key Lime Heaven


Today my sweet husband brought home a Mango Key Lime Pie. Run to Publix grocery store or whoever may have them near you, immediately for your own. Or make one if you must. You will thank me. I love Key Lime pie, I'm human, and I love mango. This was the first time I enjoyed this perfect combination of the two. Mango Key Lime pie-- run, don't walk.

Earlier I had been enjoying making pesto with my going crazy basil plant, but forgot all about that when this Mango Key Lime Pie became part of the afternoon.

Then I remembered my sisters and mom recently had Key Lime Margaritas, so I looked up a recipe for those to share. Why not make a mango version if you are a creative mixologist?

Key Lime Margaritas: Epicurious says 4 drinks, a reviewer says "let's be serious, it's 2."

  • 1 Key lime (optional), quartered
  • Kosher salt (optional) for rims of glasses
  • 3/4 cup Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
  • 1/2 cup reposado tequila
  • 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons superfine granulated sugar (optional)
  • graham crackers, crushed (optional but I think not)
Run a lime wedge (if using) around rim of each of 4 (6-to 8-ounces) glasses. Put salt (if using) on a small plate and dip glasses in salt to lightly coat rims. Otherwise, coat the rims in graham cracker crumbs.

Blend liqueur, tequila, juice, and sugar (if using) in a blender until combined.

Serve over ice (in coated glasses).

Music recommendations: Marley and Buffet


Happy Sunday, the last one of August--- enjoy it! Savor all the bliss.


Hope you've avoided Irene, and if not,
drink extra margaritas.

xo xo,

Danielle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak! Write! Be Heard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Find Your Shoe Search!!! Results are further down on this page.

Custom Search

Search Results