Friday, February 27

simple bliss: quality vs. clearance prices


I almost bought a $25 Izod bag at Marshalls today. I was in line with it, and my shoes, which I will describe shortly. The bag was on clearance, down from the Marshall's price of 29.99.

It was a cute bag, but I realized that it was not the one I wanted. It looked like one I wanted, which was a nice soft green leather one. I couldn't justify the higher prices to myself, though, or so I thought.

In line, the epiphany struck: the bag was plastic. I could use the 25 toward a bag I really wanted, and not use it for one I didn't really want. Back on the shelf by the register.

I've been carrying the cutest black leather Perlina "barrel" shaped bag for the last few years. Still loving it. I told my hubby in line: "I've used this bag for years and only paid about 60 for it at TJMaxx. I may as well get another good one instead of one that will just get beat up and isn't what I really want."

Then we left Marshalls, with the keepers: clearance Michael Kors shoes: soft brown/tan nubuck suede platforms for 39.99. High platforms... good for the 5'4" curvy frame... and extremely comfortable! Here is a deal I congratulate myself on, as Overstock is currently "offering" these shoes for $107. and shipping.

We just watched about 3 or 4 "What Not to Wear"s earlier in the day, and I confess I've been wearing Target flip flops around a lot in Miami, and, even to work... I tell myself it's no big deal, but here is what they said on WNTW today:

(Giggles ahead!)

non-style believing girl: I like these flip flops; I only paid $3 for these flip flops
Clinton: "and they look like you paid three dollars for them..."

later,

non-style believing girl: I am not into shoes.

Stacy: How can a woman not be into shoes? All she's got to do is try some on...

she finds adorable shoes and pays $250 a pair for a few...

Stacy and Clinton: "we have a convert!!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak! Write! Be Heard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Find Your Shoe Search!!! Results are further down on this page.

Custom Search

Search Results